What is the Deployment Support Program?
Choosing to stay with Atlantic Marine Corps Communities while your spouse is deployed is the best choice you can make for your family. Let Atlantic Marine Corps Communities assist you during your spouses’ absence.
Resident Event Support
Stay involved in the community during your spouses’ deployment. AMCC staff members organize events for adults and children alike! Meet new friends and get involved!
Home Watch Program
Want to take a long trip to see family during your spouses’ deployment but do not want to move-out? Simply notify your Community Manager and fill out an "I'll Be Back" form. Ask someone that you trust to keep an eye out on your home while away like a neighbor and close friend. There are restrictions on how much time you can be away from your home during a deployment.
Let the Atlantic Marine Corps Communities Maintenance Team assist you during your spouses’ absence. You will receive two, one-hour coupons to be used during the deployment. If you need a picture hung, a piece of furniture moved, or curtain put up, AMCC is here to assist you.
Additional Lawn Mowing Services
Do you need your backyard mowed? The lawn service companies of Valleycrest and Mainscape have graciously decided to help! Each resident that signs up, will receive two coupons for additional lawn care to be used during the deployment. This service only includes the mowing of fenced in yards at this time.
To qualify, you MUST remain a Atlantic Marine Corps Communities Resident during the duration of the deployment.
Before You Go
Before you decide to move from your Atlantic Marine Corps Communities home due to deployment, consider:
- How difficult it will be to put your children in a new school, away from their friends
- How much it will cost to place your household goods in storage
- The added stress of living with your famliy or friends while back at home
- If you give up your AMCC home, will you be able to find another AMCC home when you come back from Deployment/Home? There is no guarantee a home will be available.
- Can you afford to live off-base? There are security deposits, utilities and other incidentals that can add up to quite a bit of money.
- If you move off-base will your children be assigned to a new school district
In addition to the Atlantic Marine Corps Communities Deployment Support Program, there are other special benefits for families of deployed Marines & Sailors! Check with your local MCCS for more details.